A. Terms and Conditions
By taking part in the competition “Puzzles Fund the Cure Design Contest”
(hereinafter referred to as “the Competition”), the entrant accepts the following entry conditions
1. The Competition is organized by Ravensburger North America (hereinafter referred to as “Ravensburger”).
2. The Competition is only open to natural persons residing in the United States. The maximum age for entering is 18 years (guardians participate in place of their children). Employees of the Ravensburger Group and their family members are excluded from participation.
3. Ravensburger reserves the right to verify eligibility and compliance with these Terms and Conditions, especially with regards to minimum age and place of residence.
4. Ravensburger has the right to exclude entrants who do not meet the eligibility requirements or are in breach of the terms and conditions (e.g. by making false statements). This can also be done with retrospective effect. Any attempt by an entrant to intentionally interfere with or jeopardize the proper conduct of this Competition is forbidden and can lead to civil and criminal penalties. Ravensburger reserves all its rights.
5. Participating is free of charge. Entering the Competition requires visiting the Ravensburger website; this may incur costs depending on the internet service provider. Participating and the chances of winning do
not depend on the purchase of a jigsaw puzzle or other products.
6. To participate in the Competition, the entrant must upload a photo or scan of a drawing that includes the National Pediatric Cancer Foundation’s sun logo and a puzzle piece created by their child (hereinafter referred to as “the image”) via the Design Contest submission page (Visit Submission Page)
and provide a completed entry form with the following data: first and last names, street, city, state, zip code, country, email address.
7. The competition will begin on January 1, 2021 at 9am Eastern Time (ET)
and end on January 31, 2021, 9pm (ET)
8. Ravensburger will select 10 winning images, which will then be published and marketed as the image of a special puzzle edition. The selection will be made at the sole discretion of Ravensburger. The puzzle image will be a collage of the winning images selected by Ravensburger. All profits from the sales will be donated to the non-profit organization, the National Pediatric Cancer Foundation. The winners will each receive 5 copies of the jigsaw puzzle for their personal use. No further remuneration will be paid to the winners.
9. By uploading an image, the entrant confirms that the drawing was created by his or her child, that he or she holds all rights to the drawing and the image, and that no third-party rights conflict with it. He/she grants Ravensburger all necessary rights to use and publish the drawing/image as a motif for the special puzzle edition and to and to carry out product-related advertising and PR measures. Likewise, the aforementioned charitable organization may distribute the product and use it for its public relations.
10. The winner will be notified by Ravensburger via email. The copies of the final product will be sent to the winner at Ravensburger’s cost to the postal address provided once the product is published (target release date: April 30, 2021). There is no cash equivalent. The claim to the copies of the final product cannot be transferred to another person and will expire if the copies cannot be delivered to the address provided during participation. The entrant or respectively the winner is responsible for the accuracy of his/her information.
11. Ravensburger is not liable for direct or indirect damage resulting from participation or temporary unavailability of online access to its website, unless this is attributable to willful or grossly negligent action of Ravensburger. This limitation of liability does not apply in the event of culpable injury to life, limb or health and for claims for compensation under the Product Liability Act. Furthermore, this limitation of liability does not apply to damages resulting from the violation of an essential contractual obligation (an obligation whose fulfilment enables the proper execution of the contract in the first place and on the observance of which the contractual partner relies and may rely on); in this case, however, the liability of the respective company is limited to compensation for the foreseeable, typically occurring damage.
12. Ravensburger retains the right to suspend or terminate the competition for good cause at any time. Such a good cause may be in particular when correct execution of the competition is obstructed or prevented. In such a case, all claims by the entrants are excluded.
13. Ravensburger reserves the right to amend or supplement the Terms and Conditions to the extent that this is in the entrant’s interest in terms of easy and safe execution and, in particular, of preventing abuse. Should one of the present provisions be wholly or partially invalid or unenforceable, this does not affect the validity of the remaining provisions. If one of the present provisions is not asserted or enforced, this does not constitute a waiver by Ravensburger of the provision or any claim arising therefrom. Such a waiver shall only be effective if it is in writing.B. Data protection notice
1. Data processing by Ravensburger
The data of the winners or other participants will not be used for advertising purposes.
We will choose the winners from among all those who have uploaded an image to the Ravensburger website according to the terms and conditions described above. In doing so, we process the data of all participants.
We will contact the winners via email and send them their copies by postal mail once the product is published.
In addition, the winners' data will remain stored with us for as long as the product is distributed. This is especially for documentation purposes and in case third parties contact us with the claim that an image infringes their rights.
As soon as the data is no longer required for the aforementioned purposes, it will be deleted, unless there is a statutory duty to store these data.
2. Identity of the data controller
The data controller is
Should you have any questions, comments or criticism about data protection, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you contact us by email, we save the data you give us (your email address, if applicable your name and your phone number) so that we can answer your questions. We delete the data collected in this context when it is no longer necessary to save it or limit its processing if statutory data storage regulations apply.